- Implement a research program to optimize the reactive grafting extrusion of maleic anhydride onto polyolefins
- Ongoing Responsibilities
- Prepare weekly experimental plans for the extruder and lab technologists that will lead to an improved grafted product.
- Analyze experimental data
- Supervise and Mentor extruder and laboratory technologists.
- Oversee Occupation Health and Environmental compliance for the extrusion operations and lab operations.
- Develop New analytical tests that will provide better insight into the characteristics of the grafted polymer.
- Perform other day to day tasks at the discretion of the Principle Scientist to improve operational effectiveness.
- Ideal candidate would have previous experience working with plastics.
- Work efficiently in a collaborative work environment.
- Possess a proven record from previous academic or industrial experience of working safely with hazardous chemicals and have effectively managed the safety of others.
- Capable of interpreting information in patents or journals.
- Ideal candidate will be bilingual in both English and Chinese mandarin.
Will have completed a graduate degree in Polymer Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Office and Laboratory Environment
- Less than 10% travel
- Job Location: Acton, Massachusetts
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.